Jay and I liked Europe very much when we went there for our honeymoon.
So we decided to go to Europe again only in 6 months after our honeymoon. 😆
This time we planned for Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
We only had a week of vacation and three countries were a lot to visit for a week.
But we really wanted to go to all three countries. Well, to be precise, I wanted to go to all three countries.
Jay wanted to go see aurora in Northern Europe. But because October wasn’t the best season for it and it was a little bit too far to travel considering the fact we have only a week, we gave up the aurora. We will go see just the aurora one day, but not this time.
Our trip was planned like this.
- Arrive in Copenhagen, Denmark – one night in Copenhagen
- Move to Oslo, Norway by ferry – second night in the ferry
- Move to Bergen, Norway by train (about 7 hours trip)
- Arrive in Bergen – 3rd and 4th nights in a guesthouse (our very first guesthouse!)
- Move to Stockholm by plane – 5th and 6th nights in a hotel
- Return to Tokyo from Stockholm
It looks like a very busy trip and it fact it was. 😮
But I intentionally picked different transportation so that even moving from one city to another can be a unique experience and can feel like part of the trip and not just wasting time.
So our trip to Northern Europe starts.